We are a digital health company, enabling doctors to provide a new kind of distributed healthcare solution to treat patients in remote and underserved areas. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded early-stage health-tech company - having a direct impact on our patient's health - and shaping our tech product from scratch. We are already operational and serving hundreds of patients every month.
What you will do:
- This is a greenfield project: Be part of building our Backend from scratch and discuss and support with architectural decisions in the Tech-Team
- Take ownership of building and delivering features to our customers. We strongly believe in “You build it, you run it.” to keep our software quality standards high. We run on AWS and you will work on Ops topics, to keep our systems available and scale them over time.
- Work in close collaboration with front-end engineers, define API contracts, and break-down projects end-to-end
- Support developing our security and privacy strategy, conforming to the high standards when processing and storing medical patient data
- Shape internal development processes and best practices that allow scaling the engineering team over time
We are currently refining our tech stack and architecture and would like you to take part in this. You should be familiar with the tools and frameworks, and have a solid understanding of the architectural concepts and design patterns.
- Kotlin with SpringBoot 3 (Hibernate JPA)
- PostgreSQL Database (AWS RDS)
- AWS SQS, S3, SNS, KMS, ECS on Fargate with Terraform (IaC)
- Linear (project management)
- Observability: Sentry, Datadog
- Doppler Secret Management
- Tailscale for VPN/Networking
Your profile and responsibilities:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Backend Engineer
- strong proficiency in Java/Kotlin with experience using the Spring Framework
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs (GraphQL experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of benefits and limitations of monolithic vs microservice architecture
- Understanding of software design patterns and when to apply them (e.g. IoC, Builder, Facade, ...), Domain-Driven-Design, and event-driven systems
- General excitement about finding rock-solid but also pragmatic solutions
- Contribute to the overall software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, estimation, and release planning.
- Bonus: Familiarity with front-end technologies, such as ReactJS/VueJS/Angular.
What we can offer:
- Attractive compensation package and opportunity for professional growth.
- Being part of a small, ambitious team, you will dive into a great variety of health-tech-related challenges and develop innovative solutions, providing a unique learning opportunity
- office in the center of Berlin
Founded in 2022, Mirantus enables physicians to deliver technology-enabled medical services in distributed teams to underserved patients. Our cloud-based solution aims to provide access to quality healthcare to 100 million underserved patients in Europe. Our dedicated team consists of professionals from various fields, including physicians, nurses, product developers, and software developers, who work together to realize our mission.
Where we are:
- Selected as Top 10 healthcare startup in Germany by Handelsblatt.
- Fully operational, with largest German medical groups as customers.
- Active in 5 states in Germany and >1.000 patients treated.
- Experienced management team (second-time founder >> last company went public in 2021).
- Well funded (>24 months runway) with well-known business-angels (e.g., Katharina Jünger (Founder Teleclinic), Kai Eberhardt (Founder Oviva), Philipp Kadelbach (Founder Flightright), Ariel D. Stern (Professor Harvard Business School)).